Blue Ridge Global announced today that Tree of Life, a Canadian food distributor, has selected the Blue Ridge Integrated Business Planning (IBP) solution to support the alignment of the company’s revenue and financial plans with its demand supply.
Tree of Life has been growing specialty and natural foods brands across Canada for over 70 years. With three distribution centers and four sales offices, Tree of Life has access to over 95 percent of where food is sold and served across Canada.
Blue Ridge’s next generation IBP solution synchronizes revenue, demand, supply and financial plans, enabling enterprises to craft one consensus operational plan that ensures accountability across functional silos. IBP’s unified, intuitive user experience brings “app-like” simplicity to the planning process.
“Blue Ridge IBP is designed to makes it easy for distributors like Tree of Life to agree on ‘one operational plan’ for previously siloed functional areas,” said Jim Byrnes, Chief Executive Officer, Blue Ridge. “Tree of Life is committed to ‘Helping Canada Eat Well and Live Well’ and Blue Ridge looks forward to honoring that commitment by providing a more foreseeable future for its distribution operations.”
IBP is highly configurable and completely integrated with the cloud-native Blue Ridge Supply Chain Planning solutions which enable industry leading speed to implementation and ROI. With Blue Ridge IBP, enterprises will leverage the following:
- Improved Forecast Accuracy: When you have thoughtful collaboration when forecasting for key items, a better prediction of the future is a natural result.
- Profitability: Balancing the consensus demand plan and purchasing plan with the financial plan improves the profitability of the inventory investment by reducing the need for expensive expediting.
- Dynamic Drilldown: The dynamic drilldown capability is a differentiating feature that enables the planner to work at their preferred level of aggregation but instantly drill to lower levels within the hierarchal structure on the fly as needed.
- Exception Based Planning: The exceptional configurability of Blue Ridge Collaborative Planning enables industry differentiation exception-based planning that supports and enhances the executive IBP process.
- Accountability: Blue Ridge Integrated Business Planning solution enables you to craft the one, consensus operational plan for your business that ensures accountability across functional silos.
The Blue Ridge supply chain platform helps customers reduce costs, improve service levels, and assure product availability to customers without creating a costly inventory surplus. For more information on Blue Ridge’s supply chain expertise in foodservice industry, please visit the resource page.
About Tree of Life
Tree of Life Canada ULC is a leading route to market for specialty and natural foods in Canada, offering specialty cheeses, ethnic products, specialty and gourmet grocery products, and natural and organic products. The company serves grocery, mass, drug, club, discount, independent and natural food, gas and convenience stores, as well as wholesalers, sub-distributors, gift packers, restaurants and food service distributors. Based in Mississauga, Canada, Tree of Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of KeHE Distributors, LLC. For more information, please visit https://treeoflife.ca/